Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

And again ...

Another win last night by Notts against Yorkshire .. looked a bit shaky at one point but we did it .. can't believe we're actually doing quite well in the 20/20 competition .. most unlike Notts !

Anyway .. just a short post as my day plan has already gone to pot .. probably because I decided to watch that THIRD episode of Buffy before I got out of bed and it's now after mid day and I still haven't done that gongyo that I promised myself I would do ... the intention was to do a good half hour and I still might but I need to tidy and eat and get into town in just over an hour or it won't be worth going as I want to be back in time to watch England get knocked out of the World Cup by Portugal, though if that happens I pity the poor Portugese population of my old home town Boston (lincs not USA) .. Last time Portugal beat us, the local morons rioted burning places down .. it was already a dump before that anyway .. but it did confirm that there had been a nasty rascist streak in a lot of the people there ... It now apparently has the largest Portugese population outside of London .. not bad for a town of 30,000. Also, quite a few East Europeans living there now .... For too long it's been a 'whites only' kind of town .. not any more .. and the local morons hate it .. Come on Portugal :-)

Anyway .. must do Gongyo now and head into town .. I want to sit in the sun a while with a coffee listening to the Rembetika MP3s I've downloaded this morning ...

By the way ... hope you like the slideshow :-)

SGI President Ikeda's Daily Encouragement for July 1
"Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion," the Daishonin says (The Major Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, vol. 1, p. 119). It is by chanting powerful daimoku, like a lion's roar, that we can move the Buddhist deities, the protective forces of the universe. The voice is very important-it has profound power. While naturally being careful not to disturb your neighbors, I hope you will endeavor to chant cheerful and powerful daimoku that reaches all the Buddhist deities and Buddhas throughout the 10 directions.

No comments: