Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Living on sleep and alcohol

Ok .. catch up time again .. especially for Fraser who's so bored at work that he even reads my blogs :-) and there's 10 mins before lunch so seems the perfect thing to do.

Last weekend was a bit of a blur really as we had a Buddhist Mens night out on Saturday ... Fortunatley I avoided the tackier elements of this (food at Hooters and Ice Hockey !!!!) but I had a couple of drinks earlier with Alan and Fraser then the others joined us afterwards for some fine real ale .. ohhh .. and a few whiskies too !

This continued for a short while at my flat with more whisky, finally hitting the sack around 4.30am ... and next morning was ....... Mens buddhist meeting ... Have to confess there's no way I would have made it if it wasn't for one particularly enthusiastic member .. actually turned out to be a really good meeting even if the sound did resemble a chorus of bullfrogs initially !!

Seem, also to have some kind of mini virus as I can't seem to get going and feel constantly tired and also have this weird jaw thing happening where I grind my jawbone .. painful !!

Got an early start too on Sunday as 7 of us are heading off to Taplow as Fraser and Swampy are receiving gohonzon .. looking forward to that (apart from early start) as I could do with s reason to do lots of daimoku as I'm struggling with that at the moment partly as I'm not waking until 10am ish.

Also ... have finally completed collating my poetry collection and having it printed at Lulu. I haven't put it on sale yet as I've ordered a copy to proof before doing that, though even with no profit for me at all, the cost including P&P is £6 for a 44 page booklet so I don't think I'll get many sold.

The main intention is to test the quality and if it's ok, to write a Buddhist book .. not 100% sure of it's direction yet so any suggestions would be great .... Cover of the poetry booklet below .. and don't worry, I'll let you know when you can buy it ;-)








No comments: