Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Ta da .... !!!!!!

Nag Nag Nag .... jeeze, just because I haven't posted here, you'd think I'd left the country lol ... Ok .. well truth told it's only one person who is sooo bored at work that he needs to read my blogs .. You know who you are lol.

So .. what have I been up to .. not a lot, truth told. I've taken on a work from home job which takes 2 hours a day and that seems to have impacted fairly heavily on my free time which is irritating, but helps pay the bills so I shouldn't moan I guess. Apart from that .. well , quite a bit of jazz including the excellent John Donaldson and the Partisans, been to the Mayfair a fair few times (now, there's a surprise huh !). Also been out for a couple of meals .. one of which was after a Kosen Rufu meeting and cooked by Makato, a Japanese chef (aided by his mad dog Iggy !) .. Real simple meal with sushi to start and sea bass steamed with herbs and soy .. sounds so simple but it was perfectly cooked. The other one was at Easter at Emily's .. with her Dad and lodger .. funnily enough .. Sea Bass again .. all nicely done .. though she did manage to almost caramalise the frozen lemon mueringe (spelling ?) pie lol.

And I seem finally to have a date for my tokubetsu enshrinement ... May 1st ... good day really as it's also International Workers day and as I used to take the Morning Star and the guy enshrining used to be an SWP member, it's probably appropriate.

I can't even remember when I received the Tokubetsu but probably around October last year and I finally got the Butsudan (cabinet) for it last week and you can see the pictures below.

































Ok ... that enough for now Simon ;-) ?

2 comments:

Sibri said...

Wow that's HUGE!!!

About time too.... slacker!!! 2 extra hours work and you go to pieces!

Chanting Buddha said...

That's what they all say he he ;)