Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Accidental Lazy Tuesday

Well .. no strange dreams last night, but after watching Morgan Spurlock's 30 days about living on minumum wage in the States, it embarrassed me how relatively easy my working life is. Essentially, him and his girlfriend lived on minumum wage in Ohio .. he was working two jobs working 18 hours a day and she was getting up at 6am. During the 30 days, both had to visit hospital for minor things .. he with a sprained arm which required x ray and bandages and she had a bladder infection. The trip cost them approx £600 between them ... certainly makes you grateful for our inprfect NHS ! Anyway .. the point is it made me realise how hard some people do work and made me resolve to get up early and do more hours ... and what happens .... it's 10.30am and I'm about to start ... so much for good intentions ... in fact.. I'm going to chant first, so it will probably be 11 when I start !!!!

Is it just me or does the logo of the new UK style 'FBI' look more like a fascist paramilitary logo ... not a great choice !!!








It's been one of those days when things just don't happen ... even chasing people on teh phone seems to have little effect .. maybe it's something in the air ! Anyway .. I've spent a short time on my NEW BLOG ... hopefully will have some fun with that one.

Oh well.. not the most constructive day, though, despite the sun, I didn't leave the house and ended up setting up yet another blog ... just for design purposes though .... if you're really curious, it's HERE.

No comments: