Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Plans Askew

Thought I had it all planned out today ... client meeting at 9.30am, work for a few hours, swim, work a few hours then end the day sitting in the sun watching cricket.

BUT .........................

Client rang .. can't make meeting at that time (and I got out of bed early for that !) .. so will have to swim early as he's now coming at 11 which will leave me strugling for time to do his job as it's a rush job ... Looking unlikely to get to cricket too as the weather is crap and wet ... bah humbug .. life eh ... need to chant for some sunshine lol .. mmm now there's an idea !

...................later ........................

Well .. client finally turned up at 12.30 .. even worse time keeper than me ... Lucky he caught me in as I had just packed to go swimming .. so I've got that job to do in even less time than I originally had .. not a lot of room for trial and error as he wants it at printers tomorrow !!

Had a good swim anyway amd then worked some more with the imntention of catching the end of the cricket at Notts but ended up being no play today due to weather .. maybe catch a bit more tomorrow with a bit of luck ...

right .... soak in bath then grab some food now.

3 comments:

Me said...

And I thought *I* was your worse client...I have been replaced!

Chanting Buddha said...

oh believe me .... you're FAR from the worst lol

Me said...

you say t his even when I pick on my co-workers so wonderfully!?