Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

I will survive ....... won't I ????

In somewhat grumpy mode this morning .. just wasn't tired last night so stayed up late then went to bed even though I didn't want to .. took ages to fall asleep and then woke early this morning .. grrrrrrr

Thought I'd best post now anyway as I'm heading out for a swim .. slightly apprehensive as there has been a big turnover in staff. Now that wouldn't bother ne normally at all, but having read in the local paper that not long after I had left on Friday, they had to evacuate the building because one of the employees had mixed Chlorine and Acid together and a few people had to be taken to hospital with breathing problems from the fumes !!! Not getting in the pool unless there are others in there with their skin still on :O

2 comments:

Sibri said...

I can't imagine you without skin!!

Hope all was well??

Chanting Buddha said...

yeah .. the pool area was closed until health and safety have been so I had to go in the gym instead .. bloody knackered :(