Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Once more with Feelingzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just a bit of a catch up post really as not a lot has happened since the last post .. partly as I've felt a little bit shattered (and grumpy), so not been very pro active at all. Did see a great Jazz Band on Thursday though ... Jamil Sherrif. I'm not normally a fan of octets etc but this band were really excellent from start to finish .. and played some great self composed numbers too.

Saturday was fairly lazy with just a Buddhist meeting in the afternoon. Sunday was perhaps the laziest ever though. I decide to take a 'day out' .. well from life really :-) .. After waking I made a cuppa and watched 3 episodes of Buffy Season 6 in bed. After that, I did finally get up after mid-day and did spome chanting before settling down to watch the Italian Football on TV with a fry up .. followed by more TV, some chanting and yet more Buffy .. In fact, I've only got one episode to watch in the whole series and I only bought it a week ago !! Poor old Theo Angelopoulos hasn't had a look in lol. Think when I've watched the last one, I'm going to start again from the first episode ever and work right through and hopefully get season 7 at Xmas.

On a positive note I have finally decided to get my Tokubetsu Gohonzon next Saturday and have sorted a lift for that .. and I reckon I'll do the Midgets gig too though I need to sort some things out for that yet !!!


No comments: