Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

It's a fine day ..

It's a fine day .. looking out my window
At the world out there
thinking I should breathe fresh air ..

It's a fine day .. gonna pass me by
unless I get out there
looking in my window at me

It's a fine day .. looking at my old self
watching TV glad I'm out here
looking outside myself

blah blah etc .. bit of a jazz rap kinda thang (very kinda !)

Anyway .. that's the idea but at the moment is 1.15pm and I AM still in here typing instead of getting out there !

Always knew it would be a slow day though and had planned it to be really so no biggie ... Am actually progressing a bit though as I had intended to do 15-20 mins chanting this morning but did around 50 in the end. I don't know why I forget each time but I really start to feel the effects of the chanting kicking in after about 20 mins which is why it's pretty stupid of me not to do more. Someone once said it's like those snow storm things .. you shake them when you start and it takes time for the snow to fall so that everything's clear .... Oh well Honin Myo and all that !

It will be a challenge though as I have now ordered Buffy season 5 along with a cheapo mp3 player .. well about time I got down wid da kids huh :-)

One of the reasons for getting the player was a link sent to me

http://www.mediamasters.co.uk/dg/insp/

which has buddhist podcasts etc .. could be quote useful !

Anyway .... food calls then a bit of a tidy then I'll be out there, looking at the world .. tra la la etc etc .... :-)

mmm what pic should I put here today .. something useful, inspiring or ...........
















SGI President Ikeda's Daily Encouragement for June 24

You must be strong. There is no hope of winning in this chaotic world if you are weak. No matter what others do or say, it is important to develop your ability and then put that ability to use. Strong faith, of course, is the best means for drawing out one's inner strength. You each have a very important mission, and I hope you will awaken to and be proud of that mission.

No comments: