Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Life's a Void (if you don't leave the house).

Which is kind of where I've been this week. Been a strange kind of week .. largely dull nothingness punctuated with commas of boredum and irritability. Even the Buddhist practise has taken a bit of a hit this last week .. been a bit on and off.

Probably won't even get out for a beer this week though that's good as I decided at the end of last week that I eat far too much crap and have started on a big 'eat lots of veg (and a little bit of fruit)' campaign .... Luckily enough .. I love me greens me :-) ... So far so good .. even starting to eat breakfast which previously had been something like a round of toast at mid day ... probably not a good idea.

Probably a sad thing to confess but I was inspired by the weetabix ad .. and it's actually really nice .. weetabix, yoghurt, fruit (usually sultanas .. I'm lazy) all topped with some honey .... how bleeding healthy is that eh !!!

Funny where inspiration comes from isn't it .... Also decided today to kick start the buddhist practise and make some changes in my life .. and when did I decide that ? I'd love to say it was whilst doing copious chanting but it wasn't .. the revelation hit me during my second Buffy episode of the morning .. thinking .. I need to get a life !!! So that's it Honin Myo (Starting from Now) ... and it starts with a hair cut in a short while .. bit of a tidy up of those tufty stray hairs on top of my balding head (ok it's already bald .. I need to hang on to something :-) ...

I did however receive an e-mail from Amazon today .. I have a £5 that has to be spent before the 26th so looks like Buffy series 5 is en route :-)

















SGI President Ikeda's Daily Encouragement for June 23
Jesse Owens, who won four gold medals at the 1936 Berlin Olympics, later remarked that one's inner life is the true Olympics. Life itself is an Olympics where we strive each day to better own personal records.

2 comments:

Sibri said...

Hey Charlie

Don't feel alone I was inspired by the new Weetabix campaign too... just haven't done it yet!

I need to increase my Daimoku and attend more meetings!

Chanting Buddha said...

yes you do lol ..... I'm gonna concentrate on more daimoku too .. probably got the meetings about right ... not going to men's meeting today .. too dull and I fancy the cricket too