Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

So far .. so bad

Oooooh .. I'm in a real ratty mood today ..... did some weights, had a swim and walked to and from town yesterday ... and that, combined with the after effects of the weekend, seemed to really tire me big time.

So .. this morning, I was looking forward to a nice lie in and a late start, only to be woken by the postie bringing me some Buddhist stuff to display on the stall our Buddhist Group are having at the Green Festival this coming Sunday ... Couldn't get back to sleep either so got up and did some work which just wasn't going well at all ... THEN parcel force delivered a load of business cards here which were supposed to be delivered to Kent, so I had to sort that one out .... and now I've just had one of those damn annoying automated phone calls ... grrrrrrr

So that's it pretty much for today I think .... not going to be a productive day so I'm going to have lunch and watch Neighbours now, have a quick soak in the bath then head off to the Council House to help out at our stall for the Buddhist Day there ... Looking forward to a good argument with other Buddhist groups .... especially if they're wearing orange and have changed their name from Wayne to reverend Garanga or something ...... Tolerant ... me ???? Yeah right .. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

No comments: