Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

The Morning after the day before

Bit of a late start this morning as I completely overslept .. feeling prety exhausted from the Mens SGI course at the weekend.

Quite an interesting story really as I wasn't too keen on the idea of single sex courses but actually quite enjoyed it and came away feeling inspired despite one of the main speakers basically using management guru 'life style' techniques which really annoyed a lot of people and on the last day he was pretty much sidelined and much more relevant things put in its place which hugely made the course !!

We also had one to one 'buddy' sessions .. another thing I'm not too keen on but I got 'buddied' with Kenji a 59 year old Japanese guy who has practised since he was 11 and was one of the first members in the UK so that was fascinating and inspiring too.

So .. inspired .. yes, and tired too, though true to the laws of cause and effect, I guess drinking heavily and sleeping IN THE BAR probably explains that :-)

Anyway .. made it to the last half hour of the Kosen Rufu meeting this morning which was quite an effort and acheivement and now I'm going to catch up on my missed Neighbours episode and have a great fried brunch .. yummmmmmmmmm

And here's a pic of me and Kenji walking in the grounds running from the storm about to break ... Think i need to abandon the bag .. how gay do I look

3 comments:

Sibri said...

On a rating scale of 1 - 10??

Chanting Buddha said...

mmmm difficult one as a lot of the content was rubbish but still came away pleased I went so I guess somewhere in the 6 region I suppose....

Sibri said...

Eeeerm NOOOO Charlie I mean't on how 'Gay' you look in that picture!!!