Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Such a rubbish day

And I'm gonna spend it indoors !

Weird day ... after last nights Discussion meeting, I fancied a bit of a lie in the morning .. The plan being to start earlier in the week and then catch up at weekends. Unfortunately, I woke up about 7am .. wide awake ! I made a valiant attempt to watch a DVD in bed but got bored so I was up by 8 .. most irritating .. especially as I've agreed to do Gongyo again tomorrow at 9am so no lie in there either.

Thought I'd use the time to get on and do some work but that has only happened in a minor way really .. also went to the shops but the weather is weird .. hot one minute and raining the next .. and it's November !!

Anyway ... decided to write the day off really ... so I'm going to try to do a bit mor ework then watch the Guns of Navvarone on TV with a cuppa .. bit of a TV night ahead I suspect !!

No comments: