Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Busy few days

No more bizarro dreams to report I'm afraid .. been too busy to dream. Must have been my determination to get rid of my debts by the end of the year but I seem to be really busy right now .... which is good. Also the course this weekend at Taplow seems to be taking up a lot of my time .. was up till midnight last night trying to get the booklet that Lucy is doing for the course to format properly .. nightmare .. but we got close enough in the end ... I think !!!

So just a tidy up day today really and hopefully a quiet night in and an early night as the next few nights will be spent in a shared room and I bet with snorers !! Still .. should be a good course and I'll hopefully post a lot about it here after the weekend.

2 comments:

Akelamalu said...

I stumbled across you via the random blog button and just had to say your post re your dream made me laugh. You're obviously a Neighbours fan - and there's nothing wrong with that in my book! Nice to meet you.

Sibri said...

I don't snore Charlie! Can't speak for the 4 others though!!!! ;0)