Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Leaving Hicksville and Herbie says Chant !!

I've just returned from a couple of days in Yokelsville ie Lincolnshire .. had the misfortune to spend an hour in Boston .. does me good though as it reminds me why I left !! It's also easy to see why it won the 'fattest town' award last year though and you can smell the lard at the local chippies .. honest !!!

Good to see my mum again though .. she's 78 on Sunday and is generally in good health so that's all good. Picture of the best bit of Boston at the end of the post.

Just found these audio links of Herbie Hancock talking about Buddhism which I thought I'd share too:

On Practicing Buddhism

Why Jazz Is Like Buddhism

Chanting a Buddhist Meditation

Buddhism Is Inclusive

Also .. had a good Buddhist meeting last night ... my last one with the Seven Hills district though I'm sure I'll pop back for a few of them in the future. There were a number of good experiences and one of the key things that came up was the question of what is Faith. The main thing that came from that is that Faith isn't blind faith as we often believe in our Christioan society but is the strong belief in our own potential and the perseverance to manifest it.

Oh .. and here's the best bit of Boston .. I think I'll just call this photo "Leaving" :-)


2 comments:

Sibri said...

what application do I need to play these Charlie? I couldn't play them on real player or media player

Chanting Buddha said...

they open in Real Player on mine which they should do as they are ra files .. maybe see if you need a newer version of Real Player maybe ?