Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Trip number 2

Well .. as I promised myself, I ventured to Leicester again to take one last look at the Picasso Ceramics exhibition before it finishes on the 28th October. I nearly didn't bother as I wondered if I would find it less interesting but it was quite the opposite and I also spent more time in their regular gallerys which has some really interesting stuff ranging from some 15th century woodcuts to more modern contemporary stuff from people such as Ben Nicholson, Henry Moore and a really nice simple, almost calligraphic (is that a word !) painting by someone whose name I can't remember. Apparently they have an ancient Greek exhibition coming soon so that might be interesting.


I'm planning to visit the gallery at Nottingham Castle soon though from memory, it's not a patch on theis place which is actually a disgrace for a major city .. still .. all seems to be about shopping these days here !!

Had a wander round Leicester again as last time it was raining really heavily .. got to say that I really like the place .. less pretentious than Nottingham .. but there again I still like Nottingham so I'm not about to move !

Anyway ... a few pics below .. couldn't really take any in the exhibition but it's a taster:





















2 comments:

Sibri said...

who took that picture of you? ya poser!

Chanting Buddha said...

Poser .. Moi ;-)