Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Bahhh Grrrrrrr jazz moan

Oh deary deary me I think the expression is !! What a dissapointment the jazz was last night and I was really looking forward to kicking back with some live jazz and some whisky ... Now the whisky was ok but the Jazz !!!!! Get in your time machine and go back to the mid seventies just before punk happened and visit your local university concert place .. yep that's it the ones with guys with long hair and scarves ... then look up on the stage and see 4 self indulgent prog rock musicians who throw a bit of jazz in .. and you've about got the picture. They even did 'see emily play' and destroyed it ... some of it sounded like holiday camp jazz or advert music ... I'd like to find something positive to say but I really struggled last night. I didn't expect purist jazz but thought it could be interesting as he does get rave reviews, though for the life of me I can't see why .. but anyway ... it's over .. definitely the only below par one this season I'm pleased to say .. and looking forward to Tony Kofi next week for the last one of the season.

Oh .. and if the music wasn't bad enough .. look at what he was wearing !!!!!!!



No comments: