Welcome to my Blog. I'm a practising member of SGI-UK a lay buddhist organisation practising the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin. It is often described as a practise of Active Humanism which I think reflects it perfectly. The basic practise is the chanting of 'Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' on a daily basis and putting the practise into use in our daily lives thereby making this a practical rather than esoteric form of Buddhism. For more information, please follow the Buddhist links on the right of this page


“Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny... Believe in yourself! Don't sell yourself short! Devaluing yourself is contrary to Buddhism, because it denigrates the Buddha state of being within you.”.
Daisaku Ikeda.

Just a wee catch up

Nothing really to report post gig apart from much after gig embarrassment but at least it's all in the past now :). Have felt a bit down this last week, though not too sure why, though I'm sure my financial situation doesn't help ! Have finally decided to deal with that though and have filled in a job application today ... only an admin job (part time) but it's for Victim Support so could be quite interesting .. got to be better than shelf filling anyway !!

What else has happened ... Oh yes .. Guy Barker orchestra at the Jazz on Sunday which was pretty good, though unusually I didn't like the second half as much .. could be a coincidence that I wasn't drinking that night maybe ;-).

Anyway .. I made a determination to chant for three hours today and I'm on one and five mins at the moment so I doubt I'll get there but I'll do 2 anyway which is not too bad. I'm behind on my target for the last three months where i made a determination to average 1 1/4 hours a day .. I would have been ok if I hadn't had a 'mardy' for a week or so when I hardly chanted at all .. so now I've got 15 hours to make up before the new year .. on top of 1 1/4 hours a day .. yikes !!!

So ,,,, onwards and ....... blah blah blah

No comments: